I received 4 SOTW Blogging Awards! Read on for lots of fun!
I was nominated for a Sisterhood of the World Blogging Award! Four times, actually!
I am very honored and thankful to the awesome Amy of Globetrotter Guru, Lauren of Justin Plus Lauren, Lyn of A Hole In My Shoe, and the lovely ladies of Chasing Sunsets. I've picked 5 questions from each to answer. Thanks, all! You all rock!
The SOTW Blogging Award is a peer-nominated travel blogging award given to women, by women! Once you get one, congratulate yourself, have a small to large party, then thank your awesome nominator and answer their questions. After that, make new questions and pass along the fun to more female rock star travel bloggers!
let's get this party started!
1. What do you love most about travel blogging?
I mostly love the travel part! I was never any good at staying in one spot or at one job (or really committing to anything, actually). I'm definitely not a cog in the machine. I need to be free! You can read some more about my favorite travel memories or my fav travel tips.
2. What drawbacks are there to travel blogging that many people don’t realize?
Well, as with anything that's worth doing, it takes way more work than you'd think!
3. Tell me about a place you have visited with the most diverse wildlife?
Might not be the most diverse, but I definitely enjoyed South Africa for all the different types of wildlife. I loved seeing the big 5 animals and also interacting with monkeys and the little hyraxes just cracked me up!
4. What was the most amazing religious site that you have ever visited?
I think the most amazing religious site I've been is the Notre Dame cathedral. It's so beautiful and awesome.
5. What is the best local drink you have ever had and where?
This really could be the hardest question of all time. I'm going to go with absinthe, because it's so cool and fun to see prepared, and it tastes like licorice deliciousness, and c'mon - it's glowing green! How cool is that?!
1. What is the inspiration behind your blog’s name?
My name is Burger and I travel abroad! It's cheeky!
2. What has been your favorite destination so far?
That is a toss-up between New Zealand and Oregon. I really really love lush greenery, it's so peaceful.
3. What place would you enjoy returning to again and again?
Mexico, for sure. I've probably been at least 20 times. Love the laid back vibe and easy living.
4. Where was your least favorite place to visit and why?
Tough one. So far, I would say anywhere in the southeast US. Heat. Humidity. Bugs. BBQs. Eww.
5. Who is your favorite travel blogger?
1. If for some reason you couldn’t return home and could no longer travel, where would you settle?
This answer changes often, but right now, it is my love, Iceland. I would live there in a heartbeat and still be perfectly happy with the adventure and scenery.
2. What is the most risky thing you have done while traveling?
Definitely one of the most risky things I’ve done while traveling is downhill luging in New Zealand. Crazy downhill slopes, superheats speeds, minimal gear. So fun.
3. When you are not travelling and blogging you are… ?
On non-travel, then I’m just pet sitting. So I’m probably hanging out with some sweet animals giving them some love, or out exploring the local town.
4. Is there anything you collect from your travels?
Minimalist to the core. I collect passport stamps only. And, apparently, sometimes, coins that I forget to exchange before I leave countries. Don't do this.
5. Have you met anyone famous while traveling?
Surprisingly, yes, quite a bit! I literally run into them everywhere, airports, hotels, clubs, restaurants. Always polite, nice, fun to hang out with. Athletes are definitely the biggest party animals. And musicians, of course!
Chasing Sunset’s questions:
1. Could you imagine yourself travelling for years in a row?
Yes, I definitely can continue traveling for years. I’m addicted to the freedom.
2. Cruise, hike, road trip or plane flight?
Ah. Plane flight. I love ‘em.
3. Do you prefer to make fixed plans or travel spontaneously?
I prefer just a bit of both. I like to generally know where I’m staying at but I also love to be spontaneous too. It’s when you don’t have any fixed plans that the most opportunities arise and the most fun happens.
4. What is it that drives our generation to prolonged travel? Do you think we are running away from something?
I think that we have discovered that we don’t have to live our lives the way other people say. That is a great insight that propels us forward to live how we want. We're not running away, we're running towards.
5. What was the first thing that triggered your travel bug?
My parents took me traveling a ton all throughout my childhood and it really became a part of who I am. I was so comfortable with travel, airports, hotels, trains and boats as a kid, I definitely got hooked early!
“Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.”
Passing on the fun to other female travel bloggers I've liked lately:
Mindy + Ligeia of Bounding Over Our Steps
Meg of Dopes on the Road
Giselle of Mindful Wanderlust
Yara of Heart of a Vagabond
Victoria of Uprooting Our Lives
Amelie of Mostly Amelie
Amelia of Plant Powered Nomad
Charlie of Charlie on Travel
Questions for my nominees:
1. What was your best meal during your travels?
2. Do you plan ahead or go with the flow?
3. Where are you going next?
4. What do you love about travel blogging?
5. What do you hate about travel blogging?
6. What's the most important traveling tip for females?
7. How much do you pack for your travels?
8. Do you participate in tour groups while traveling?
9. Where is the prettiest place you've been to?
10. Where could you see yourself settling down in?